Friday, January 15, 2016

Charming...Don't You Think???

Hello, crafty friends!  I have another altered casket for you...third time's a charm!


I went about painting the interior of my dollar store coffin in the same way as the last two.  This time I wanted to jazz the exterior up just a little and give it a little Halloween creepiness.  I know, it's not even CLOSE to the big day, but I just had to give my new Distress paints, Memory Box skeleton hand die and some of my flowers my sweet, talented friend Samra gifted me for my birthday a try!


Dies: Memory Box Skeleton Hand, Sizzix Spring Greenery;  Stencil:  Tim Holtz Gothic; Inks, Paints, Stains:  Distress ink, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Ground Expresso; Distress paint, Antique Linen, Ground Expresso, Vintage Photo, Wilted Violet;  Black and white Gesso; Distress stain spray, Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron Other: Golden Crackle texture paste, chipboard coffin, wonderful handmade flowers from Samra--white (I painted them in my crazy colors.)


Look how the Wilted violet turns a blue shade when in different light! Still just using my Ott light and regular incandescent light to photograph in.  No black lights, special lighting or camera filters used.







Here's what the unaltered coffin and ribbon looked like.




A special thank you to Samra  (Paper Talk With Samra) for the beautiful blossoms that inspired the top of my casket. And she made me a beautiful card!

I would like to enter my casket into the following inspiring challenges:
Emerald Creek Dares We Are on Our Way New Adventure I'm using my new skeleton hand die, my new Halloween Distress colors and my new gift from my friend. Also new alcohol splatter technique, but I've used it 3 times already for this challenge.
Scrapy Land Challenge # 33 Anything Goes I used 2 dies from the over 40 brands that Scrapy Land sells:  Sizzix and Memory Box.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Simon Says: Ombre I used the ombre technique on my stenciling and on my ribbon, although it's hard to see the color transition on that.
Die Cut Divas New Technique, Die, Stamp or Colors New die, new colors, new technique was also used on my last entry.

Thank you for dropping by today and for all your lovely comments!  I read and appreciate each and everyone.  I especially thank you for hanging in there with me through whatever finagling Google is doing with our followers.
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

25 comments:

  1. Oh no you ding! This is my new fave of the coffin series as that stenciling is GORGEOUS! Did you add the color directly to the paste or after? Hot diggity dang girl-you on fire! Isn't Samra a sweetie and you have use her flowers so amazingly well. Those skeleton hands are so yummy and to die for-hehe! Absolutely amazeballs design and the details-oh the details! Deliscious!!! Hugz to you muffin! ~Punkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm, I don't know why autocorrect changes words. The first sentence should read: "Oh no you dint!"

      Delete
  2. Deep and vibrant! so unique and creative this is! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Ombre” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool, and can't wait to see you Halloween set up next year - I bet these will make fabulous addition. The funky outside is so cool, love those colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a fan of caskets but your is a work of art
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I am not fond of the subject, but man you've made beautiful work!! Awesome work!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Fabulous techniques and colors, Miss Sara! Thanks for playing in the {Scrapy Land Challenge}! Hope to see your pretty projects again soon!
    crafty hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I absolutely love the colors of this one, Sara!! The green and purple are fabulous!! I love that stencil!! Those hands are creepy and awesome!! And what gorgeous flowers!! This is so spook-tacular!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like UTTERLY INCREDIBLE PERFECTION here Sara.... I don't know HOW you do it. Those hands over the flowers are sooo creepy but just so imaginatively ugly in a great way! Making a design like that on a not so straight surface and having it look so wonderful is just mind blowing. And the colors.... wow wow wow - soooooo vivid, bright and luscious. I watched an old 70's movie last weekend (hubby chose it!) The Liberation of LB Jones, where a 90 year old lady was choosing her coffin... she was so excited and loved it so much she said... "It's so wonderful... I just can't wait to be here". I think that everyone who sees your coffin project is thinking much the same.... It's sooooooooo wonderful - and some of us would definitely enjoy it for real!!! GORGEOUSLY INTRICATELY SPOOKILICIOUS - to be sure!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzer - Victorian Gothic gone neon! What a fantastic casket to complete the set (or maybe there are more on the way...) - gorgeous damask texture.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colors and wonderful stenciling. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge. I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woooow, it's a Halloween crafting gem, Sara! I am completely in love with this stunner! What vibrant colours, such rich textures and awesome techniques! Oh, my dear, it's fantastic! Love it!
    Huge hugs to you! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous, vibrant colours and texture. Thanks for joining us at Creative Artists Mixed Media Challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMgosh!! I might want this one instead! heehee Love the colors and flowers!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun and awesome creation. Great colors and texture. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fabulous coffin creation, Sara! I love the texture & colours on the outside of the box. Gorgeous!
    Thank you for sharing it at Emerald Creek Dares.
    {julia} Emerald Creek DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sara, this is my total favourite - I LOVE those hands onto the flowers they are awesome! Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning !Love the Colors and design !
    Thanks for joining us at SCRAPYLAND Challenges Blog and good Luck !
    MARYVONNE DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work. Your colors just pop.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the damask on the outside, in the first pic it nearly looks like a python skin, very cool! And the skeletal hands clutching the pretty flowers are genius :O) Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sara hunni I love this new funky bright coffin you have created, you will have a collection of them before you know it...lol Thanks for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Blog... Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon...

    Hugs
    Rhonda Alman xx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk
    http://wheeliecraftydesigns.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just stunning Sara and far too pretty to be scary. The iridescent colours look amazing against the black and the ribbon interior is fabulous.
    Thank you for joining in with the January challenge "Anything Goes/Use Chipboard" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  22. You altered this coffin beautifuly.
    Thank you for sharing your CAS project with all of us at crafrtyenjoyments.co.uk challenge #3.

    Katarzyna Ewa

    my blog
    DT craftyenjoyments.co.uk
    DT House of Cards

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sara! I am glad that you were able to incorporate the flowers into your work :) Nicely done!
    Hugs

    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice job!


    Thank you for sharing with CraftyEnjoyments

    Malwina
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.