Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Opposites Attract

Hello friends! I have a quick post for you tonight.  I just finished a card that is totally out of my usual style, but I just could not resist making a Graphic 45 card when I found the Transatlantique Collection in my stash today.

 


I thought it would be fun to walk in another's shoes for a change. I would like to say it's in the style of my blog friend, Kathy Clement of Kathy By Design, but I admit, it doesn't come close! Please be sure to pay her a visit and see what a fabulous, prolific artist she is.  I have a much deeper respect for her beautiful work, because this was not at all easy, and mine doesn't have one tenth the detail she puts on her makes! But it was fun piecing together all those yummy papers! I just can't figure out how she gets so much on such a small card! One thing I always admire about Kathy's cards is her perfect stitching, so I tried to duplicate that on mine. My machine is not feeling well right now, so I resorted to some faux stitches. I was going to forgo the bow, but Kathy never misses putting some ribbon and at least one charm on her projects, so these were added at the last minute. The sentiment is Tim Holtz Simple Sayings.


Oh, of course, Kathy's cards would not be complete without the inside fully decorated and with a little pocket or something to hold tags or a gift card or perhaps an inch of fifties! So, I decorated the inside of my card in her style. And there's the ribbon!


The little tags and these sweet little railroad "buttons" were in the collection, so I had to pop up the buttons--isn't it so cool the way everything matches and goes together in these collections?!



I stamped a tag with Tim's Here and There railroad stamps. Everything is edged in Frayed Burlap--just a hint of distress, like Kathy would do! No torn papers here!



Like I said, short and sweet. Just less than an hour before the door closes at Frilly and Funkie for their Opposites Attract challenge!

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Thank you for stopping by today and for all your lovely comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily


17 comments:

  1. Yes, the style is definitely different from your usual one Sara but in my humble opinion, you have pretty much nailed it! I love how you brought all these elements together to create this fabulous card - the faux stitching looks great and I love how you finished off the inside too - very professional!!

    Thanks too for joining in our Sew Special challenge at A Vintage Journey. Big hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sara Emily, I am so honored that you chose my quirky, eclectic style to emulate in this beautiful vintage card! I'm blushing! You did a gorgeous job of layering all those images and patterns,and of course I love the inside pocket filled with tags. Matting each layer with black is one of my trademark tricks, and it adds great depth and dimension to your card. It's a beauty! I'm a tad bit jealous, as I don't have these papers in my stash...it's one of the few collections I don't possess. But you used it so well here that it still makes my heart happy. Thanks for stepping out of your comfort zone and embracing this Opposites Attract challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I definitely could see Kathy's style in your lovely layers. I love the papers you used and how you stepped outside your comfort zone to go opposite of what you usually create. Thanks for playing along with us at the Opposites Attract Challenge at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara,
    If this is short and sweet I look forward to seeing what you do when you take your time. This card is outstanding.. The twine with the charm is a lovely touch. Thank you so much for posting this lovely creative art in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #230-#231 - Anything Goes.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a different style for you sara but i do love the result. Lots of fun! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Sara Emily, this is totally way out of your comfort zone creation! Love it!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Kathy is such an inspiration! I think it is very fun to play with papers once in a while! You really created a gorgeous arrangement on this card, and I so love the pocket on the inside. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Sara Emily, you really nailed it! I love what you've created using those amazing G45 papers! Beautiful card with so many fabulous elements! What a wonderful faux stitching! Love it, my friend!
    Big hugs to you! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super male card. Thank you for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps and hope to see you again.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love...it is so difficult to make a card for a guy but you nailed it!!! Thanks for joining us on the Emerald Creek Supplies Dare Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sara, this is lovely inside and out! Your friend inspired you in such a beautiful way and I'm always impressed when someone steps outside of their comfort zone. (I will be paying your friend a visit soon!) Your work with these papers is marvelous, with so much dimension and sweet details. Such a pretty charm choice, too. Wonderfully done as always, my friend! I'll be back soon with more bloggie love. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, your G-45 card is awesome!!! Both projects you entered in this challenge are completely different from your usual style and even completely different from each other. I love this paper collection and you've showcased it perfectly. I love the layering, collage work, dimension, color palette, and just EVERYTHING!! Thanks again for inspiring me!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just had to stop by to check out the details of this lovely creation. What a great job of combining the elements of the collection of papers. Congratulations on your win at Eureka!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what great papers and a wonderful card you designed with them Sara Emily! So fun having more inside too! off to check out your inspiring friends blog!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not your usual style but it is fabulous! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, I can see why you were tempted - those papers are really fantastic. Great layers and dimension and a wonderful nostalgic feel. It's nice to venture outside the comfort zone sometimes.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how far you stepped outside your comfort zone with this. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.