Wednesday, May 25, 2016

12 Tags of 2016-Technique Remix-May-Tissue Tape Resist/Tattered Florals

Hello friends! It's so hard to believe it's almost the end of May, and Memorial Day is upon us again if you live in the United States. Precious summer days lie ahead. So the end of the month can only mean one thing--it's time for me to get a move on with my tag for Tim Holtz's monthly tag challenge! He's mixing up a couple of past techniques to make one brand new one. Please visit Tim's blog for all the details. Here is my version of Tissue Tape Resist/Tattered Florals, inspired by the master himself and my very own perennial garden full of purple coneflowers, butterflies and bees!


Here is Tim's inspiring tag.

2016TAG

These stamps are new to me; I do have the larger version of the butterfly, but the size of this one is just perfect for cards and tags. They came in a kit with watercolor paper, archival ink, Distress crayons, and other goodies at my local craft store. I can't remember the cost, but it seemed like quite a crafty bargain considering all the necessary goodies that came in the kit. And I've been eyeballing these coneflower stamps for a very long time, so invest I did!


I used a heavy watercolor paper for my background, because I wanted a watercolor effect, full of splotches and flowing color. I used Distress stains in Blueprint Sketch and Wilted Violet (2 of my favs!) and Distress inks in the same colors as well as Tumbled Glass and Shaded Lilac. I love how the violet fades out to pink with heavy spritzing. I even brought out my sewing machine to add some crazy stitches! My machine is under the weather, and I had to tape the back so the stitches didn't come out. Time for a new machine!


The ruffled trim is Ideaology and probably 10 years old! I accordion folded it as I sewed it down, but it's pretty much covered with the vial. A Souvenir Adornment colored with Picket Fence Distress Crayon and a tiny vial with an appropriate Remnant Rub embellish further. The bee is a Remnant Rub also.  I cut my Tattered Florals with both white card and Frosted Film on white card and inked with Wilted Violet. The pretty shimmer will just have to be left to your imagination, because Mr. I phone wouldn't pick it up. My choice for a metallic splattering is Brushed Pewter flicked on direct from the inside hose, because I never seem to get the right pressure for a light spritzing.



I used  Layering stencils both in the standard size and in the new mini version (Flourish). I chose to do some additional stamping with the coneflower  over the texture paste for some additional depth.


I almost skipped this month's challenge due to what I felt was an inadequate stamp supply, but I was inspired by Tim's words "allow yourself to play, discover, and experiment with different techniques, but stay true to your style throughout the creative process..." and I did! Here we are in the garden next to those purple coneflowers; it's almost dark so looking pretty washed out all around.


I would like to enter my tag in the following inspiring challenges:

Thank you for stopping in today and for all your amazing comments! I read and appreciate each and every one of them. 
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

UPDATE: Yippee! So honored!

27 comments:

  1. I love this tag, Sara! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty - I like that watercolor bg. Thanks for the description and explanation of how you completed this. we are glad to see you again this week at the Eureka Stamps challenge - use pink. Dorothy S, Eureka Stamps DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I absolutely love, love this, Sara Emily!! I love your take on the tag!! The colors are gorgeous!! The flowers look amazing!! That little bottle of joy is a perfect touch!! You have totally rocked Tim's tag this month!! Creative and fabulous my friend!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh, la,la...love, love, love!!! Your texture and color hues are amazing! Fabulous take on Tim's inspiration. Thanks for sharing with us on the Emerald Creek Dare Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully created Sara Emily, love the colours you have chosen, such a fabulous remix and take on Tim's tag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see your flowers and gardens so bad, bet it looks amazeballs and I could learn from the master. This tag is so you and so full of many fantabulous elements. I so enjoy reading your posts and seeing what you did to create your tag! Fun stuff! That little vial is terrific and a brilliant addition. I sure do like your color choice as well. Bravo and cheers to the stitching! And I am sorry to hear your machine is under the weather, must be contagious because my machine is as well (most likely operator error on my part though). Lol! Can't wait to see what you create for next months tag dearie! Hugz to you muffin! ~Punkin

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a banquet of beauty and delight for the eye. The colors, shapes, cornflowers, bee, butterfly and four leaf clover are so gloriously wonderful. I love this combo technique. Thank you so much for posting your very beautiful art in the #232-#233 - Anything Goes FF Word Art Wednesday Challenge.
    Blessings, Carole
    PS I dislike it when my machine goes on strike, right now I can't fill bobbins, back to the repair drawing board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another PS
      Photographing this beauty at dusk in the garden was brilliant.

      Delete
  8. Oh how wonderful is this springy watercolor mix! Love the way your resist both resists, but blends! Not everyone has achieved that delicate mix. You are so clever with every detail on every project, sigh... Makes me super happy to view and read about! Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I'm so glad you linked up with us at Eureka this week!
    Marji DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag as always! I love these blue/purple shades: lovely! And now I know where you keep your joy ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow stunning tag Sara, love it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my sara - if this doesn't win I want to know why - its absolutely brilliant - the images, colours and flowers are absolutely beautiful - stunning and I love it! Big hugs and thanks for your kind words xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sara, your tag is breath-takingly beautiful, gorgeous colours, beautiful flowers, a truly stunning take on Tim's tag. If I was picking winners you would be right up there at the top! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

  14. Gorgeous !
    Thanks for joining us at More Mixed Media Challenge blog and good Luck !
    Maryvonne - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful tag Sara Emily! love the colors you used and all of the wonderful texture - such sweet adornments with flowers, vial and clover! have a wonderful long weekend! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, Sara, you really nailed the Tim's tag this month! An absolute winner, that's what it is! Wooooow, dear, it's breathtaking and that vial has stolen my heart! I adore your stitching and so sorry to hear that your machine is under the weather! Your colors are magical and I love your stunning flowers! Bravo, my friend!
    Lots of love to you! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so busy looking at your wonderful tag I forgot to thank you for joining in our 'Sew Special' challenge at A Vintage Journey! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another beautiful creation, thank you for sharing it with us at CraftyEnjoyments


    paperMona
    Monika DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your tag Sara Emily! Thanks for joining us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog.
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous take on Tims tag Sara . Lush colours ,wonderful imagery and embellished so beautifully .
    Thankstoo for sharing it with us at A Vintage Journey x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Sara, another beauty!! You really do, do Tim, better than Tim does Tim! Bwahaha!! Gorgeous colours, blue and purple are awesome together, and the black stamping is a great contrast! Stunning my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous take on the May combo - love the inclusion of the ruffle, and the stitching detail. The colours are amazing. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey with this beauty.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a fabulous take on Tim's tag! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is an excellent tag))) Amazing texture and color, very like.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.