Saturday, December 2, 2017

Winter Wishes - 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style Week 9

Welcome friends! I have a wintry Christmas card to share with you today. Inspired by the colors and snowy scene of Linda's (Funkie Junkie) 12 Tags of Christmas Week 9 but not by our weather here in the south today. It's almost a summer day!


Click on any photo for details.

I made the background panel with white card painted with gesso. I ran it through my Big Kick a couple of times with an old Tim Holtz Tall Tree embossing folder. I colored it with Chipped Sapphire Distress paint as Linda did and blended with Chipped Sapphire Distress ink. You can see similar projects I did HERE AND HERE. I never tire of this vintage snowy look!


I partially inked an old Tim Holtz tree stamp of the same design as the embossing folder using Versamark. I sprinkled with Frantage embossing powder and heated from below. I partially inked another Tim Holtz stamp (Scribble Woodland) with Watering Can Archival ink for a few more background trees, and again sprinkled with Frantage and heated to melt.


I repeated the partial inking on another part of the stamp and heat embossed to get some snowy ground for my deer (Winter Wonderland Thinlits die) to stand on. I finished with a die cut tree (Woodlands) heat embossed yet again with Frantage and a Christmas Remnant Rub. Easy peasy! If only getting the photos to look good were so easy! The ones above and directly below were taken outdoors in natural light, but not direct sunlight, and it changes the color completely.


And this one taken in sunlight pouring into our breakfast room midday to try and catch the shimmer.


So, are YOU playing along with Linda's 12 Tags of Christmas 12 week challenge? You will be wishing you did come Dec. 30, since her easy challenge is sponsored quite generously by The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Everyone who completes the challenge and follows the simple guidelines will be eligible to win one of 3 fabulous prizes and everyone else will still win a generous discount voucher to the shop to use in January! AND you get your Christmas cards done and dusted! Win, win, WIN!

I'm sharing my card with these challenges:
Country View December 2017 - Christmas Sorry, I didn't do the optional colors, obviously!
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #43 – "Believe" I was inspired by the shimmer of the balls and reflected that in the shimmer of my snow.

No automatic alt text available.


Thank you for stopping by today and for all your generous comments!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

I used the following products, which can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

31 comments:

  1. Wowsies!!! I looove this one Sara!! Such a delightful winter scene you have created .. it is absolutely gorgeous!! Your background work is simply amazing .. you can almost feel the cold .. and, with those cute little deer in the foreground, you've given this scene totally amazing depth! I absolutely adore this!! Sooo beautiful!! Have a lovely day! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been meaning to try this technique but always end up doing something else instead! A really beautiful card - stunning in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Sara!! And I have not even begun to start on anything Christmas-been sick with a cold and no energy-wa wa waaaaaa!
    Hoping to start soon-your projects inspire me!
    huge hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous!! I love the wintry scene you've created!! The texture and shimmer are fabulous!! So stunning, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous winter scene Sara Emily! Love the background!!! Looks like a big winter storm is brewing in the back...
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just two words today - ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Sara this one is beyond beuatiful!! I checked back over the older projects which you linked and they are all gorgeous, but with this one you have really perfected the technique, - so, so beautiful and those dear fit right in there, - love this so much!! Oh and thanks of course for adding it to our challenge at MMM! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful... looks like a peaceful little Bob Ross winter scene (that's a strange compliment, but I assure you I am highly impressed!) You did a great job capturing the shimmer! I've had a terrible time with my pix lately with the sun going down so early. Any way, terrific take on Linda's tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogger ate my comment. But I will try to reproduce it. So, so gorgeous. You have perfectly captured the blue light and shimmer of winter in this amazing creation. I grew up in New England, and I loved the blue glow of twilight on shimmering snow. Thanks for the memories and for sharing this wondrous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a magical card Sara! You have created a winter wonderland that I would truly love to live in! All of those tall trees on the rolling hills in the background. The light fluffy snow and moonlight reflecting on the snow covered branches! And let's not forget the wildlife, no magical forest would be complete without some wildlife! Really love this!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your snowy forest! Don't know how you create such a magical background... Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, Sara Emily! This card is gorgeous! I never tire of winter. Love all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning. Beautiful work. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see your pretty art work back here in 2018. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is a beautiful Christmas card Sara!!! thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Monthly!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your wintry card, Sara Emily! You make the best winter scenes...I love your colors and the sparkle of the Frantage. I do remember your other wintry project and love those as well. Gorgeous!! Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I just love that background!!! Super concept to layer the trees like this and partial stamping. The Frantage is fabulous! Another winning design. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your dreamy background and all the shimmer. Thanks so much for entering - good luck and hope to see you again! Teresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning sparkle from the embossing powders - I especially love the snowy branches on the background trees - enchanting!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous snowy scene, Sara! I love how the trees at the back disappear in the snowy sky and the glitter... Thank you so much for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card! Sara . Such a wonderful wintry woodland scene rich with magical sparkle and shimmer. Love .
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhhhhhh ........
    Sandy Claus xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, how beautiful is this? Love the frosty scene you have created! The groupings of embossed trees in the background are perfect. I feel like I could just walk through this snowy enchanted woodland. Someone is going to love getting this for Christmas.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the ethereal feeling of this one!

    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Sugar - your make is really gorgeous!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay! So happy to see you this beauty chosen as an honourable mention at MMM. Sara . So deserved . :) Thanks for the heads up re mine - much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Back again Sara with more big Congratulations! :) As happy as I was before to see your fabulous card chosen as one of the top 3 winners at Country View. Wahoo! Go Sara, go Sara ;)
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Biggest congrats on top 3 at CVC! Woo hoo! So well deserved on this stunning card! <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. So happy to see you achieved the coveted Top 3 at CVC Sara Emily, this is such a beautiful card, I love everything about it and will have to try and CASE it sometime, clever lady well done! K xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a magical card Sara! Crickey, Christmas seems so long ago now lol. Thank you for your lovely comment and big congrats on your top 3 win at CVC, too! Have a lovely week! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.